Chocobo Knights :: Cage the Elephant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act Empty
PostSubject: Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act   Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:06 am

Normally, I refrain from talking politics, but this is absurd, and I'd like to invite all of the American players to help me can this steaming pile of shit before it gets anywhere. I present to you HR 669: Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act.

How this works: as a preventative measure, foreign animals will become illegal to buy, sell, own or breed in the U.S. if it wasn't native to the united states, or on part of some "approved" list, you won't be able to have it. This includes, most birds, any type of tropical fish, HAMSTERS AND GUINEA PIGS!

are you fucking serious? What kind of impact could a couple of hamsters have on the environment? I'll tell you, it might give some predator indigestion for a day.

you can find more info here: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-669

please sign this petition, and let's put a stop to this foolishness...
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/save-our-pets-stop-hr-669
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act   Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 12:14 pm

This proposed law/bill/whatever will never get passed. Too many corporations have too much money invested in all of the pet food, pet supplies and pet toys that consumers spend dollars on for the care of these animals. And let's not even talk about how this would impact the vetinary community. Too many people with too strong a voice would rise up and crush such a thing from ever occurring. And I haven't even factored in the constituents of which there'd be many.

No body governing a capitalist free market society would pass a law/bill/whatever that inhibits the proliferation of a recession proof industry because then tax dollars would be lost on a market of which there is absolutely no proof is detrimental to US health. I'm sure that someone, somewhere, could make a case for why guinea pigs everywhere are causing cancer but there are probably 100 times that many arguments against the very same thing.

But thanks for the post. I'll certainly sign the petition because I love my lone remaining piggy and think it'd be a real shame for people not to be able to experience the hapiness critters like hamsters and guinea pigs bring if they're willing to put effort into keeping them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act   Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:36 pm

cool. I didn't really think something like this would pass, but I wanted to inform people about it. I found out about it when I was reading up on breeding betta fish. (which would also be illegal under this act.) I was kinda pissed someone would have the nerve to waste time, money and manpower to even bring this up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act   Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 2:24 pm

That's really the irritating thing, to be honest. The fact that someone is wasting TIME proposing such a stupid law.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act   Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act Empty

Back to top Go down

Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chocobo Knights :: Cage the Elephant :: MISCELLANEOUS :: CK IRL-
Jump to: