Chocobo Knights :: Cage the Elephant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Karate Kid is being remade....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Viceroy
Leader of the Pack
Leader of the Pack

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-06-19

The Karate Kid is being remade.... Empty
PostSubject: The Karate Kid is being remade....   The Karate Kid is being remade.... EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:45 am

So, I just found out the 1984 film, The Karate Kid, is being remade as a starring vehicle for Will Smith's son Jaden Smith and that it "will borrow elements of the original plot, wherein a
bullied youth learns to stand up for himself with the help of an eccentric mentor."

I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm now starting to get annoyed by this sudden surge of remakes.
Back to top Go down
http://kevinecotter.com

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid is being remade....   The Karate Kid is being remade.... EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:41 pm

same here I mean come on another star trek wtf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid is being remade....   The Karate Kid is being remade.... EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:50 pm

As long as Will Smith never makes a Hancock 2, I am okay with this.

Okay, I'm really NOT okay with this and it has nothing to do with any sanctity I have for the original Karate Kid. I just don't think The Karate Kid was a good enough movie that a remake is warranted. Just make something new with the same plot. Movies have been using the plot of 'bullied kid gains strength and learns how to protect himself' for a long time now. Why remake somthing that is, admitted even by the creaters of The Karate Kid, heavily borrowed subject material?

But as long as this keeps WIll Smith from reading a script for Hancock 2, more power to him. Hell, let him remake EVERY cliched movie that ever existed as long as Hancock 2 stays off his itinerary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid is being remade....   The Karate Kid is being remade.... EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:53 am

i would rather they do a remake of sidekicks than karate kid...

i like the movie, but it was bad enough when they got up to what... FOUR?? seriously. it's like rocky, JUST LET IT DIE!

it really is annoying, and a little depressing, that it seems people can only come up with remakes and spin offs now days. some are fabulous, but what does this say about creativity and originality in hollywood?

this does not bode well for the futures of the already stupid children. -.-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid is being remade....   The Karate Kid is being remade.... EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:17 am

the goonies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid is being remade....   The Karate Kid is being remade.... EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 4:44 pm

The Goonies remake= [Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid is being remade....   The Karate Kid is being remade.... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 11:17 am

The Sandlot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Karate Kid is being remade....   The Karate Kid is being remade.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Karate Kid is being remade....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chocobo Knights :: Cage the Elephant :: MISCELLANEOUS :: General TV and media-
Jump to: