Chocobo Knights :: Cage the Elephant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Memoirs Of a Geisha

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Memoirs Of a Geisha Empty
PostSubject: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Now I finally got to watch this film after a long time not been able to see it (Damn old Manager not returning DVDs ><)

Anyway! Watched it and remembered just how beautiful it was!

I love these kind of films, which focus so much more on the character develolment than anything else and it really makes me smile to see a film like this come out! The ending is so sweet I had tears in my eyes...

Favourite scene had to be the playhouse though, when she was playing the leading role and the dance she performed as well as the music...it was so beautiful and intense!

So, anyone else out there enjoy the film at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Indeed it was a very good movie. One of my favorites infact. The forbidden romance held my attention in a way I didn't think was possible. You really feel for her. But the book goes into SO much more detail.

I can't pick a favorite scene because I like them all very much. But anyway...the book, you need to read it ^^

~Yuna~

Last edited by Yunaspirit on Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:20 pm

I have flicked through the book casually a few times, and I have heard very much the same thing and its something I really want to try and sink my teeth into at some point!

I know a while ago they were doing special boxsets with the DVD and the book a local store, which, I may need to check out to see if they stilld do in fact =3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:24 pm

I watched it when it came out in the movies. Then I picked it up as soon as it was released to DVD. I have the special addition and the stuff they went through to make the movie was awesome!

~Yuna!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:26 pm

Yeah! I saw a documentry on it once and the amount of time it took for them to do makeup was phonomonal O.O I would not have that patience thats for sure!

Imagine how they must have done it before, without a team of trained make-up artists... (Well, I am sure they were trained in it back then, but not with the numbers that a Hollywood set has thats for sure x.x)
Back to top Go down
Viceroy
Leader of the Pack
Leader of the Pack

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Jaredin, what is with you today? Are you high? Exclamation point after everything. :O

I'm surprised this thread wasn't "Memoirs of a Geisha!!!!!"

But you do have a chocolate thread going, so I can only assume that your sugar intake is well above normal.
Back to top Go down
http://kevinecotter.com

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:29 pm

Viceroy wrote:
I'm surprised this thread wasn't "Memoirs of a Geisha!!!!!"

Almost made me spit water all over my monitors
Back to top Go down
Viceroy
Leader of the Pack
Leader of the Pack

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:31 pm

[Jaredin] Almost made me!!!!!! spit out my WATER!!!!! ALL OVER!!! MY OMGAWD MONITORZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/Jaredin]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:35 pm

XD Im having one of those days, leave me be!

And yeah, chocolate thread a big give away, huh? XD Be glad your not one of my POlicy Holders trying to call me XD

AND OMG!!1111!!! Katsuko that is so awesome~!
Back to top Go down
Viceroy
Leader of the Pack
Leader of the Pack

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Pfft. I ain't callin' joo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:38 pm

>.>
<.<

NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!

I shall haunt j00 nowz. thank jaredin for getting me started >.>

~Yuna~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:39 pm

d00d me and vice post count are neck and neck.. i'm gonna beat j00!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Viceroy wrote:

; ; But I want to set up a claim for your Sanity ^.~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:40 pm

Jaredin wrote:
Viceroy wrote:

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Viceroy
Leader of the Pack
Leader of the Pack

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:44 pm

Jaredin wrote:
Viceroy wrote:

YOU are the last person right now to talk to ME about sanity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Viceroy wrote:
Jaredin wrote:
Viceroy wrote:

YOU are the last person right now to talk to ME about sanity.

Im not the one with a hope of finding his...at least not for the next 1 Hr and 15 mins 32 Seconds <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs Of a Geisha   Memoirs Of a Geisha Empty

Back to top Go down

Memoirs Of a Geisha
Page 1 of 1